Originally called Second Baptist Church of Hingham, our church began in 1947 as a small Bible study in the basement of a home on Main Street in Hingham. The founders had a vision for a church built on the Bible's teachings and a passion for spreading the Gospel message around the world through missionaries.
The church eventually changed its name to South Shore Baptist Church (SSBC) to reflect its growing concern for reaching the region with the good news. As SSBC grew, it relocated to a local meeting hall and in 1958 built the first sanctuary. In 2011, a new, larger sanctuary and a Children's Wing addition were built.
God has blessed SSBC with a history of faithful Bible preaching, a loving church community, persistent prayer, and a desire for people to know Jesus.
South Shore Baptist Church is affiliated with the Southern Baptist Convention.