The Marriage and Parenting Ministry (MaP) exists to advance the mission of SSBC by helping to cultivate and strengthen Christ-centered families and marriages. Specifically, the ministry strives to offer biblically-centered knowledge, hope, and encouragement to existing or soon-to-be married couples and parents through a variety of channels to achieve the following goals:
- Model and teach God's plan for marriages and parenting
- Provide opportunities for parents and couples to build relationships, fellowship, and challenge and encourage one another
- Strengthen and improve the relationship between spouses and/or parents and their children
- Provide help for couples or marriages experiencing challenges or hardships
- Equip parents to create Christ-centered homes and raise children with a heart for God
- Facilitate ways for busy parents and couples to gather wisdom and knowledge about their roles as spouses and parents
- Work alongside church leadership to maintain an appropriate level of focus on the areas of marriage and parenting
MaP Sunday School Class
Sunday mornings, 10:45-11:45 AM, Room 22 upstairs.
MaP regularly holds a Sunday School class focusing on either a marriage or parenting topic.
- Fall class #1 = Cherish, a DVD series by Gary Thomas.
This 6-week class will infuse life and hope into your marriage. Geared toward married couples, but all are welcome to attend this class.
- Fall class #2 = Counter Culture, a DVD series by David Platt.
This 6-week class provides Biblical support and practical steps to help Christians engage with some of the most controversial issues of our time with conviction and compassion. Topics include culture, wealth, human life, sexuality, race, and faith. This class is open to all.
Saturday, February 8, we will host a special event for couples. Save the date for a fun and encouraging time.
Coffee Talks for Parents
MaP holds occasional "Coffee Talks" for parents on Sunday nights, while students are at Youth Group. These Coffee Talks are a great way to connect with other parents and navigate some of the challenges of parenting together. Some topics planned are technology, social media, and dating. Dates will be announced.
Sign up for Emails
Sometimes MaP plans a special evening for couples or families. Sign up for emails from the MaP ministry to stay informed!