Marriage Enrichment Event
TALKING AS TEAMMATES
Friday, July 10
We look forward to hearing from Steve Hoppe (the Executive Director of Crosstown Counseling in New York City) as he shares from his newest book on marriage, entitled "Talking as Teammates." It’s a simple, yet profound 31-day devotional that will bring biblical wisdom to specific situations or struggles.
How we communicate with one another matters—especially in a marriage. The Bible reminds us to use words that build up our spouses, not tear them down. Whether your marriage is a verbal war zone or just needs a little help in the communication arena, both you and your spouse will benefit from the encouragement of this evening.
This Marriage Enrichment Event is via Zoom, so you don’t need to dress up (unless you want to). Set aside Friday night, July 10, from 7:30-9:00 PM. Get comfy, grab a summer snack, and join Steve Hoppe and other couples from SSBC for an evening of learning and laughter.
The only fee is the cost of the book!
Books are $7.50 each. (We advise that you get two, so each of you can read and take notes -- it's a devotional -- and come together to discuss it.)
SIGN UP so we can reserve your book(s) and send you the Zoom login.
If you have questions, contact Pastor Steve Grissom.
The Marriage and Parenting Ministry (MaP) exists to advance the mission of SSBC by helping to cultivate and strengthen Christ-centered families and marriages. Specifically, the ministry strives to offer biblically-centered knowledge, hope, and encouragement to existing or soon-to-be married couples and parents through a variety of channels to achieve the following goals:
- Model and teach God's plan for marriages and parenting
- Provide opportunities for parents and couples to build relationships, fellowship, and challenge and encourage one another
- Strengthen and improve the relationship between spouses and/or parents and their children
- Provide help for couples or marriages experiencing challenges or hardships
- Equip parents to create Christ-centered homes and raise children with a heart for God
- Facilitate ways for busy parents and couples to gather wisdom and knowledge about their roles as spouses and parents
- Work alongside church leadership to maintain an appropriate level of focus on the areas of marriage and parenting
MaP Sunday School Class
Sunday mornings, 10:45-11:45 AM, Room 22 upstairs.
MaP holds a Sunday School class focusing on either a marriage or parenting topic.
Coffee Talks for Parents
MaP holds occasional "Coffee Talks" for parents on Sunday nights, while students are at Youth Group. These Coffee Talks are a great way to connect with other parents and navigate some of the challenges of parenting together. Some topics planned are technology, social media, and dating. Dates will be announced.
Sign up for Emails
Sometimes MaP plans a special evening for couples or families. Sign up for emails from the MaP ministry to stay informed!