The Marriage and Parenting Ministry (MaP) exists to advance the mission of SSBC by helping to cultivate and strengthen Christ-centered families and marriages. Specifically, the ministry strives to offer biblically-centered knowledge, hope, and encouragement to existing or soon-to-be married couples and parents through a variety of channels to achieve the following goals:
- Model and teach God's plan for marriages and parenting
- Provide opportunities for parents and couples to build relationships, fellowship, and challenge and encourage one another
- Strengthen and improve the relationship between spouses and/or parents and their children
- Provide help for couples or marriages experiencing challenges or hardships
- Equip parents to create Christ-centered homes and raise children with a heart for God
- Facilitate ways for busy parents and couples to gather wisdom and knowledge about their roles as spouses and parents
- Work alongside church leadership to maintain an appropriate level of focus on the areas of marriage and parenting
MaP Sunday School Class
Pre-COVID-19 days, MaP held a Sunday School class focusing on either marriage or parenting topics on Sunday mornings, 10:45-11:45 AM, Room 22 upstairs.
On occasion, the MaP team will hold a special event for couples or a family event. Sign up for emails to find out when these are happening!
Sign up for Emails
Sign up for emails from the MaP ministry to stay informed about special events for couples or families.