The Marriage and Parenting Ministry (MaP) exists to advance the mission of SSBC by helping to cultivate and strengthen Christ-centered families and marriages. Specifically, the ministry strives to offer biblically-centered knowledge, hope, and encouragement to existing or soon-to-be married couples and parents through a variety of channels to achieve the following goals:
- Model and teach God's plan for marriages and parenting
- Provide opportunities for parents and couples to build relationships, fellowship, and challenge and encourage one another
- Strengthen and improve the relationship between spouses and/or parents and their children
- Provide help for couples or marriages experiencing challenges or hardships
- Equip parents to create Christ-centered homes and raise children with a heart for God
- Facilitate ways for busy parents and couples to gather wisdom and knowledge about their roles as spouses and parents
- Work alongside church leadership to maintain an appropriate level of focus on the areas of marriage and parenting
Couples Event on February 2
The MaP team is excited to bring Paul and Virginia Friesen to SSBC for an event especially for couples. The Friesens have a passion to encourage individuals, couples, and families to live out God's awesome design for relationships. If you have never heard them you are in for a treat. The Friesens will share with us thoughts about how God uses our different temperaments to build strong marriages. This session will be both edifying and fun!
Join us on Saturday, February 2, at SSBC from 6:30-9:00 PM.
Please bring a dessert to share.
Please register online so we can prepare for you. (And be sure to communicate with your spouse on which one of you is signing up!)
SIGN UP TODAY!
Coffee Talks for Parents
MaP holds occasional "Coffee Talks" for parents on Sunday nights, while students are at Youth Group. These Coffee Talks are a great way to connect with other parents and navigate some of the challenges of parenting together. Some topics planned are technology, social media, and dating. Dates will be announced.
MaP Sunday School Class
Sunday mornings, 10:45-11:45 AM, Room 22 upstairs.
MaP regularly holds a Sunday School class focusing on either a marriage or parenting topic.
- Fall 2018 class = Getting to the Heart of Parenting, a 10-week DVD series by Paul David Tripp. Parenting is hard, but there are few things in life that rise to this level of importance. Join us and Paul Tripp on a journey through the Bible to discover a different and better way to parent.
- Winter/Spring 2019 class = A Beautiful Design: God's Unchanging Plan for Manhood and Womanhood, a DVD series by Matt Chandler.
Sign up for Emails
Sometimes MaP plans a special evening for couples or families. Sign up for emails from the MaP ministry to stay informed!